Komatsu Forest Organization
Operating on Six Continents
Komatsu Forest is one of the world's largest manufacturers of forest machines. We are represented on six world continents by a network of dealers and our own sales companies.
Our extensive service organization takes care of the machines, ensuring that they perform their best throughout their service lives. We have workshops throughout the world, service buses for quick assistance, in-house machine and methodology instructors to help maximize productivity, and support functions for everything related to our machines and services.
Short facts about Komatsu Forest
- Founded in 1961 in Umeå, as Umeå Mekaniska
- Around 1,400 employees
- Head office in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for wheeled machines and heads in Umeå, Sweden
- Production unit for tracked feller bunchers, tracked harvesters and log loaders in Chattanooga, USA
- Net sales of MEUR 537 in 2018
- Fully owned by Komatsu Ltd of Japan